Sunday, August 28, 2016

7/1-7/2: Colorado Springs

As our plans turned out, we had unexpected free time in Colorado. This seemed like the perfect time to go visit my (Nicole's) grandparents for a few days...and stop paying for hotels! We enjoyed time visiting with my grandma and my grandpa. Each time I have the chance to visit is a treasure, as we do not know how long Grandpa's battle with ALS will be. Since our visit last time was cut short by the death of Alyssa's mom, this visit helped make up for that time. I am soaking up these visits.


On our way across the state, we stopped in Boulder to visit the Celestial Seasonings factory. It was amazing! They have a free tour that takes you into the factory itself where you can see them making and boxing various teas. In one room there were pounds and pounds of mint. All of our eyes watered because of the strength of the smell! After the tour we stuck around to sample many different kinds of tea...unlimited free samples. :D I highly recommend this tour if you are ever in the area.


We also were able to go on a walk and visit with my aunt. Alyssa had the chance to catch up with her friend whose wedding she was supposed to attend when the first visit was cut short. I was able to hang out with one of my cousins and her year old daughter! At other times I was able to briefly see some of my other family. It was great to be able to spend time with my family.

When we were coming out the first time we had told everyone that we would be available to help in whatever way they needed. Grandma had mentioned a few things, but we were not able to get to them because of time. SO this visit we made them a priority!!! It was great to be able to help her out. :)


*I put together the flowers in this vase :)

Some of the blessings of this trip is being able to spend time with people who live far away! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment