Monday, August 24, 2015

8/22-8/24: Colorado


Saturday morning we helped out at the registration table of the Colorado Springs Buddy Walk hosted by the Colorado Springs Downs Syndrome Association. Rumor has it that there were 4,000 online registrations; that doesn't count the people we registered day of! Wow!! We had a lot of fun interacting with people at the event. :)


Sunday we worshipped at my grandparents' church. Grandma introduced us and our trip to the congregation. We were amazed at how many people came up to us during the greeting time to talk to us about our trip! What a blessing that was. 


Last night we made dinner for my grandparents, complete with an apple pie. Mmm. 

This morning we met up with one of my friends who used to live in California. During my first three years of college she was my 'California mom.' Once a month she would pick me up and take me out to lunch. My senior year she moved, and today was the first time I have gotten to seen her since then. It was an amazing time of uplifting, deep, real conversation. Such a treasure!!

We have also been enjoying some time to relax before heading east to a pretty crazy schedule! I'm (Nicole) also treasuring time with my grandparents and cousins and aunt. It's so wonderful to be amongst family!


No comments:

Post a Comment