Friday, September 11, 2015

8/30-9/2: Iowa

Iowa was unlike any other state. It did not turn out how we pictured it. Yet the blessings were abundant. 

What do I mean???

We saw very few sights because our time was focused on the people who lived there! Strangers quickly because friends. 

I had 'met' a friend through my Jamberry consultants Facebook group. A few months back she asked me when I would be in Iowa. So we had the chance to meet in real life! A couple hours together turned into a couple days together as we greatly enjoyed each other's company. Alyssa and I loved spending time with her young son too. He quickly melted our hearts!!
Our second day there we had planned to go to a place that I had been planning to go to for months...basically since i started planning this trip. Unfortunately they are closed on Tuesday...which is the only day we had free to go! :( thankfully my friend was with us so she could suggest a new place. ;) we ended up going to a free museum where we learned about Iowa and the Civil War. It was great, but what I will remember the most is getting to spend time with a new friend!!!

During our stay we also had the chance to have amazing conversations with the girls we were staying with. They were around our ages and graciously let us sleep on their couches. We were so grateful. One of our nights there 4 of us stayed up late talking and laughing. It was a refreshing and rejuvenating time. <3

I will forever remember Iowa for the connections formed while there!

Our hostesses :)
 



No comments:

Post a Comment