Sunday, April 20, 2014

Come Join Us!

This trip is much bigger than us.

Much much bigger.

Alyssa and I reflect on that almost every single day. And each time we return to the fact that God is even bigger than the trip!

And when it is hard to remember that, God always brings someone to grab ahold of the vision and join us on the journey. I cannot even begin to express how valuable these people have been in the journey. There are people who have been on this journey with us since before it was even a formed idea...and each time I post on Facebook groups, someone new seems to jump on board! I love that.

This is about more than Alyssa. This is about more than me.

This is about God working through us to bless others.

And my prayer is that through this blog, all who read it will be encouraged and challenged. Yes, in the coming months I will be posting about fundraisers in order to make this trip financially possible, but I don't want that to deter people away. Our desire is to share this journey with all of you! There will be posts about Gods work in the preparations, but even more posts as we hit the road.

Let me share with you some of the crazy, amazing stuff God has done so far!

When I was wondering if this was supposed to be my focus for the month of February, I was praying and decided to visit a blog I only occasionally visit. At the bottom of the post I was reading there was a link to another article. In this article was a link to an organization that works with families with kids who have disabilities! I clicked on it...and the area that they serve fit like a puzzle piece into the area of the US that we had no contacts for! Wow. Confirmation!

After I decided that would be my focus for February, someone invited me to join a missions-focused Facebook group. Through there I found the encouragement to fight through my sense of overwhelmedness and actually map out a rough draft route! Through that group I have found courage and grace. (And the idea to do these blog posts...)

Then, when I was feeling discouraged about the huge amount of money that we would need to raise, God sent someone on Facebook who fully sees the vision--and wants to help! God had been stirring her heart to help people in missions for awhile. She chose us. Amazing.  More about that later :) stay tuned!

Not only have all of these things happened, but we also have the opportunity to meet with a missions pastor at our church to share with him our vision. This is something we have prayed about for months and months--and is finally happening! God is so good. And His timing is perfect.

Finally, the email this week in Jon Acoff's 30 Days of Hustle group that I have been a part of since January was about considering how others could benefit from your dream. Through this, I realized that I had had this on my heart for awhile, but never expressed it to those around me. (And I had a cancelation at work, so I had time to write this!)

God is a faithful God.

He has been at work.

Come and join us--and discover what else God has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment